Ports plays a pivotal role in supporting supply chains across the UK. We would like to reassure you that we are continuing to operate as normal and are implementing a number of measures to ensure that there is no disruption to services.
Our Business Continuity Management team is meeting daily and continues to monitor the rapidly changing situation, following guidance and advice from Public Health England and UK Government, to minimise any potential impact on our employees, customers, visitors and any other persons who come into contact with our business.
Steps we have taken so far include:
- Issuing a pre-visit questionnaire to all visitors across our UK sites.
- All ships are now required to submit a Declaration of Health Statement prior to arrival.
- Implementing departmental contingency plans to ensure we continue to operate as normal.
- Enforcing that all site inductions and paperwork must be completed prior to arrival or access will be denied.
- Requiring all visitors to adhere to advice regarding enhanced personal hygiene.
- Putting arrangements in place to deep clean facilities if necessary.
- Implementing restrictions and guidance on non-essential corporate travel for our staff.
- Encouraging all staff, where roles allow, to work from home.
- Reinforcing to our staff the use of our dedicated and confidential helpline.
- Relaying the latest Government and Public Health England advice through our social media, website and email bulletins.
We are continuing to follow the latest guidance and would encourage you to refer to the following websites for the most up to date information and advice.
We will be continuing to update this page with any further communications.
Updated Pilotage Precautions during COVID-19
A statement from PD Ports regarding COVID-19
An update regarding the steps we are taking to minimise any potential impact whilst safeguarding our people and our customers.
Pre-visit questionnaire for all visitors to PD Ports
Guidance from Public Health England for staff working in the transport sector in regards to COVID-19
Guidance from Public Health England for shipping and sea ports in regards to COVID-19
Notice to Mariners for the River Tees and Hartlepool in relation to COVID-19