Gate automation is a well established and proven technology that can deliver multiple benefits for customers:
- Vehicle Booking System (VBS) will ensure data accuracy to minimise exceptions at the gate but will not be restrictive and will not impose harsh penalties for failing to meet slots
- Reduced gate queuing for hauliers
- Improved visibility of units, their status and availability
- Assist in planning of fleet for deliveries and collections
- Easier management of driver induction status
- Optimised safety and security by reducing the number of people in the gate lanes
What Do I NEED to use the AutoGate?
All units entering Teesport’s terminals must have a valid booking with a valid unit ID. This includes:
- Empty and laden export units
- Empty storage units
- Domestic units for the rail
- Returning import units (frustrated import/Dray In)
It is important to note that if a unit does not have a valid booking with a valid unit ID then an appointment cannot be made on the VBS and will result in the truck being refused entry at the gate and directed to the holding area on the port estate.
All units leaving Teesport terminals must have a valid PIN release or EDO number and appropriate clearances:
- Import units must have a PIN and relevant customs clearances
- Storage units must have a valid Equipment Delivery Order (EDO)
- Frustrated export units (Dray Off) must have a PIN and relevant clearances
Please note that an appointment cannot be completed on the VBS if the relevant PIN releases, EDO number and customs clearances have not been applied to the unit.
For more information on the Vehicle Booking System please click on the following link: PD Ports VBS
How will it work?
On arrival a vehicle will drive through the OCR portal. The OCR portal will read the truck registration, unit number and ISO code as well as detect seal and hazardous placard presence. This data is then matched to the VBS appointment and unit booking. The driver will then stop at the in-gate kiosk where LPR cameras will read the registration and retrieve the relevant data. At this point the driver will be asked to confirm certain information:
- Gross weight of the unit if dropping off an export
- Equipment grade when dropping off an empty for storage
- PIN or EDO number for collections
Once the driver has confirmed this information, the in-gate barriers will lift and the truck can proceed to the yard. The process will repeat at the out-gate stage.
Truck Registration Number cards
In order to identify vehicles once they enter the terminal we require all trucks to display their registration number in the cab window or on the roof so that the operators can determine what they units they are dropping off or collection. To facilitate this we have created a template that can be downloaded in order for hauliers to create their own registration number cards. Please see the files section below.
Access Control (ACS)
All drivers will need to have a valid Unitised HGV Induction to access the terminal. If you do not have a valid Unitised HGV Induction please complete this before arriving at the terminal through the PD Ports website, which is accessible via PC and mobile devices at: https://www.intasite.com/kiosk/pd-ports-teesport/
You can also use the website to check if your induction status if you are not sure if yours is valid.
All drivers with a valid induction will need a Driver Access Control Card, as shown in the image. This can be collected from the Pass Office at Teesport.
More information can be found at: Driver Access Control System (DACS)
Important information on using the Auto-Gate post go-live.
Ważne informacje o korzystaniu z Auto-Gate po uruchomieniu.
Belangrijke informatie over het gebruik van de Auto-Gate na de livegang.
Svarbi informacija apie „Auto-Gate“ įrašo naudojimą.
Información importante sobre el uso de Auto-Gate post go-live.
Важна информация за използването на функцията за автоматично поставяне на пост.
Informații importante despre utilizarea postului Auto-Gate go-live.
Truck Registration Number Car Template for identifying vehicles in the terminal.