Closing Date: 17th November 2021
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and one of the largest employers in the Tees Valley. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates Teesport, one of the UK’s most progressive ports, which supports over 22,000 jobs and generates £1.4bn to the economy every year.
Reporting to the Head of PR, Marketing and Communications, this role will be located in the Marketing and Communications Department based in Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough.
The post holder will support the Head of Marketing, PR and Communications and Senior Communications Coordinator in addition to working closely with all approved external creative agencies. They will be responsible for an extensive range of specific internal/external marketing and communications projects.
- Manage and further develop PD Ports internal communications app, Strive, increasing
engagement, driving progress and producing monthly progress reports.
- Assist in the development of compelling and influential content that grows our customer base, engages stakeholders, government, membership organisations, media and community groups, all of which contributes to delivering our marketing strategy in line with strategic business objectives.
- Create and update content and key messages on our website to include monthly performance analysis.
- Develop & maintain press stakeholder database in line with GDPR.
- Assist in the identification and drafting of award submissions.
- Initiate and manage all videography and photography requests across all UK sites, ensuring compliance with all internal procedures and GDPR.
- Assist in the coordination and drafting of internal communications.
- Assist in the coordination and management of press visits.
- Assist in the coordination of corporate social responsibility activities including our co-founded charity, High Tide Foundation with a prime focus on participation at events and programme engagement
- Oversee the effective delivery of PD Ports internal employee support scheme, Find It. Fund It, increasing engagement and awareness of the scheme across the business.
- Liaise with approved external partners such as media partners, agency partners and event companies in a professional and timely manner – creating a strong network.
- Assist with event management for both low key and large scale industry events, occasionally may require travel abroad and nationwide.
- Work alongside the commercial team to support customer relations and reputation management.
- Be a PD Ports champion at public and industry events.
- Assist in the drafting of a monthly activity and analysis report for senior management
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- Canva or similar editing programme
- Basic photography and video editing
- B2B marketing and communications
- Problem solver
- High levels of integrity and self-motivation
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and quick changing environment
- Calm and logical
- Task driven with ability to work across multiple projects
- Good communicator
- Ability and drive to build and develop networks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable in sharing views and ideas
- Excellent IT skills
Qualified to degree level in marketing with public relations/communications experience.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Ongoing internal training
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com