Closing Date: 9th September 2019
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume, Teesport, and holds a portfolio of other Port and warehousing interests throughout the UK.
The Group IT function is based on the Teesport estate and provides comprehensive support to the whole PD Group via 4 functional departments: Technical Services, Business Services, Service Desk and Governance, Risk & Compliance.
The department has recently been restructured to ensure it can provide a high quality service to a business that has, in recent years, become heavily IT reliant in order to manage its systems, processes and external customer interface and to drive efficiencies and service improvement via IT based technologies.
In support of its core value of achieving world-class performance, the Company is looking to recruit a 1st Line Support Engineer who will be part of the Service Desk and will report to the IT Service Desk Manager.
The post will be based at Lackenby House, Tees Dock, and will require the candidate to provide the following via telephone, email and remote hands-on:
- 1st line IT support on MS Windows 7 / 10 Desktops, Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016.
- 1st line IT Support on internal Business Applications, utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Creation of Active Directory accounts and Mailboxes.
- Checking Symantec NetBackup Backups and performing restores.
- Ensuring calls are logged, updated and categorised correctly using the Service Desk Application.
- Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams where 1st line fix is not possible.
- Build PC’s and Laptops, when required, from a standard image using Microsoft SCCM (Training will be provided).
- Assist in the rollout of the Windows 10 Operating System on to the entire PD Ports estate.
- Follow to the PD Ports Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes
A good knowledge of technical applications and willingness to keep up to date with existing and forthcoming technologies is a requirement.
Excellent communication and organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure and a methodical and logical approach to problem solving are a pre-requisite. As is a customer focused approach and an analytical mindset.
If you feel you have the necessary right skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team please apply in writing providing full CV and cover letter to:
Group HR Department, PD Ports, Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH
Via email: email@example.com