Closing Date: 30th July 2022
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in portcentric logistics. Within our Hartlepool operation we receive, store and distribute finished palletised product for our customer.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to provide leadership support to a team of Warehouse Operatives, ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to and ensuring contractual needs are met and exceeded.
Contractual hours of work are 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Duties of the role include:
- Oversee loading and receipt of produce, ensuring correct storage methods and procedures are adhered to.
- Impart operational skills and knowledge to colleagues with varying levels of competence.
- Plan effectively, motivate and objectively deliver leadership and guidance to warehouse operatives within the Venator Operation.
- Ensuring Health and Safety Procedures are in place and are adhered to.
- Delegate, prioritise and actively respond to issues quickly and efficiently as they arise.
- Work effectively with your team to maintain high levels of productivity throughout the operation.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to access Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme
Consideration will be given to applicants with the following experience and skills base:
- Experience working within a warehousing environment.
- Experience of working with safe systems of work
- Experience of leading a team within an operational environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Attention to detail orientated
- Able to work under pressure with high levels accuracy
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter via the Indeed job posting link below: