Closing Date: 15th April 2022
Stores Controller- Engineering Groveport
We are seeking to recruit a Stores Controller within the Engineering Department at Groveport, the primary function is to assist the department with all aspects of inventory management to ensure an effective service is provided to all customers. Inventory management is a key process to assist the company’s asset management system, which promotes benefits to all Engineering/operational aspects within the port sector.
- To ensure an efficient service is provided to all customers via a well-managed stock inventory system
- Maintain a safe working environment, understanding HSE requirements in respect of LOLER, COSHH and general HSE matters
- Conduct regular stocktake and report accordingly
- Organise store layout
- Use of computerised stock system to check and monitor stock levels
- Raise requisitions to replenish engineering stock to optimise minimum stock levels
- Maintain an efficient stock control system
- Issue parts to engineers and record stock usage
- Receive goods and receipt accordingly
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail in order to complete paperwork
- Knowledge of stock control systems (IFS an advantage)
- Maths/English GCSE or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate previous involvement in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme
The ideal candidate will hold a full UK driving licence, and you will be able to demonstrate some understanding of a heavy industrial environment. This will also be supported by an understanding of the maintenance processes.
Hours of work will be 40 hours per week and be fully committed to working to health and safety best practice, some overtime will be required as and when deemed necessary for the smooth running of the department.
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary, excellent terms and conditions of employment with an opportunity to build a career with the business.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining relevant skills & experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Closing date for applications: 15th April 2022.