Closing Date: 18th June 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Shift Managers are responsible for people management and ensuring safe and efficient operations are carried out in accordance with standards, contractual obligations, company policies, legal obligations and safe practices. Continually identifying operational and resource needs, seeking to improve current practices and business performance.
- Competitive salary – Working 35 hours per week (covering 12 and 8 hour shifts)
- Opportunity to build a career within a long established company
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- On-going training and assessments to help develop individual skills
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
Training will be provided, however candidates will be required to demonstrate they possess a knowledge of Health and Safety regulations/legislation.
Due to the high level of interest anticipated for this rare opportunity, successful applicants selected for interview will be asked a series of company and role related questions, and will be required to deliver a presentation.
Consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications and initial skill base:
- GCSE English and Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- A Level qualification preferable
- Management qualification (essential)
- NEBOSH (desirable)
- Appointed person / lift supervisor (desirable)
- Customer service qualification/experience
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft word, excel, outlook as minimum
- Knowledge of process improvements
- Understanding of the working time directive
- Understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of working in line with employment law and company policies
It will be essential for applicants to have their own transport, as access to public transport is limited.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and knowledge, submit a detailed CV and covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org