Closing Date: 21st July 2021
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in portcentric logistics and is an armed forces friendly employer.
Reporting to the Security Manager and working as part of a team providing security for all Groveport estates, assets, goods and personnel.
Security Team Leaders are required to use their own initiative, have the ability to prioritise tasks and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills. The Security Team Leader will be the first point of contact for Security Officers based at Groveport and will be responsible for supporting staff to carry out their professional duties correctly. They will identify and address areas for continuous improvement within the department and will develop the knowledge and skills of their team. They will challenge and address any behaviour that falls below standard and report it where appropriate. In addition, they will assess, take positive action, or otherwise escalate appropriately any report of unprofessional behaviour or wrongdoing made by someone for whom they are responsible.
Contractual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 182 hours per month, which equates to 2184 per annum. Hours of work will normally be worked in 8.4 hours shifts but may be varied at the Company’s absolute discretion.
Training will be provided for the main duties of the role, which include:
- Monitoring access control systems
- Report and recording of incidents
- Carrying out all security administrative tasks reporting monthly to the Security Manager.
- Co-ordinate the initial security response to any incident.
- Reporting health and safety issues/ensuring PPE requirements are adhered to
- Dealing with external and internal visitors
- Maintaining records, updating and provision of reports electronically
- Working in line with procedures and safe systems of work
- Holidays of 25 days
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
To apply for the position a full driving license is required along with your own transport.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, reference checks and a Disclosure Barring Service check prior to the commencement of any employment. An SIA Licence and previous experience is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org