Closing Date: 9th July 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
The role of Inventory Administrator will be located within the Tees Dock warehousing facility, which handles engine parts at Tees Dock.
Reporting to the Warehouse Inventory Supervisor the main tasks of the role are:
- Maintain and monitor inventory records
- Investigation and reconciliation of irregularities
- Perform inspections of customer’s stock
- Create detailed Excel reports/data input
- Routine clerical tasks
- Inspect engine parts for customers
- Movement of stock with a forklift truck
- Operating a scissor lift at height
Working Monday to Friday
Candidates will be required to demonstrate that they pose high levels of accuracy, be able to investigate stock errors and have previous logistics/warehousing knowledge. Training will be provided for the warehousing computer systems.
Due to the high level of interest anticipated for this new role, successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview and will be required to complete accuracy and maths tests to aid with the selection process.
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- IT Skills, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to operate machinery
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills/be analytically minded
- Organised approach to work load
- Professional attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
It will be essential for applicants to have a driving license and their own transport, as access to site via public transport is limited.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills, knowledge and attitude to join our Warehousing team, please forward on your full CV along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com