Type: 15 Months
Closing Date: 26th August 2022
ICT APPRENTICESHIP – LEVEL 3
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over
1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and
operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the IT Service Manager, an exciting opportunity to join an established business working
as part of a team, developing knowledge of the services provided by the IT support team.
Workplace training and support will be provided by a workplace mentor and the training provider.
• 1st line IT Support on MS Windows 10 Computers, Office 2016 and Office 365.
• Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams when 1st line fix is not possible.
• Ensuring calls are logged, updated and categorised correctly.
• Build PCs and Laptops when required.
• Creation of Active Directory accounts and mailboxes.
• Checking Symantec NetBackUp and performing restores.
• Salary £15, 900 per annum
• Working Hours 35 per week – Monday to Friday
• Holidays 25 per annum plus Bank Holidays
• Sick pay scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Full uniform supplied
• Employee Assistance Programme – Health care support and financial advice
• Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
To apply for the position desires qualification required/licences needed:
• Commitment to complete the apprenticeship standard ICT apprenticeship – Level 3 (15 months)
• Grade 4/ in GCSE maths and English or functional skills equivalent is needed for this role.
• Fundamental knowledge in IT and a passion for the industry.
• Confident and able to communicate with customers.
• Customer service experience (beneficial).
• Problem solving mindset.
• Driving licence/Own Transport needed.
• An interest in developing a career in IT and Tech.
To apply for this position, go to: