Closing Date: 13th July 2020
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
We are seeking to recruit Harbour Police Constables to join our team based at Eustace House, Teesport, Middlesbrough.
Using traditional policing methods the Harbour Police provides protection to the Port Authority’s property and personnel. You will work 12-hour shifts (4 on 4 off) on a rota system providing 7-day, 24-hour coverage averaging 177.5 hours per month.
The main duties of the post are:
- To attend crime scene/road traffic accidents occurring on PD Teesport property
- Investigate incidents within the port estate and Company owned buildings
- Apprehend individuals involved in criminal activities, interview witnesses, collate evidence and process suspects
- Complete incident report files and necessary paperwork in line with Police professional standards
- Attend court to present evidence in criminal prosecutions
- Ensure adherence to, and compliance with Authority By-laws and General Directions
- Undertake routine high visibility patrols across all PD Teesport sites
- Carry out property/vehicle checks as required in line with statutory and legislative obligations
- Escort vehicles carrying hazardous cargoes to and from the dock estate
- Liaise with external agencies including Cleveland Police, DfT, Tees Pilots, Border Force and other government agencies.
- Carry out duties in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures and national guidelines applicable to warranted Police Constables.
Working in an expanding department the ideal candidate will have the following essential criteria:
- Served as a Police Constable for a minimum of 5 years within a Home Office force (within the last 3 years)
- Be able to pass the Home Office fitness test and complete personal safety training.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be relied upon to work with minimum supervision.Applications will be considered from officers retiring within the next 6 months.
The successful candidate will be required to be security cleared and will require a full driving licence. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, please send a C.V. together with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square