Closing Date: 26th July 2019
PD Ports currently has the following permanent full time vacancy, for which internal applicants are invited to apply.
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions, employing over 1200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at many key UK ports and logistics centres with a growing European presence.
A vacancy has arisen for a Procurement Assistant, reporting to the Procurement Manager, with the principal purpose to provide pro-active day-to-day support to the procurement team to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of all procurement processes, systems and procedures.
The main duties of the role will include:-
- Assist with the preparation of tender documentation
- Issue of small value RFQs and preparation of evaluation summary
- Raising of purchase requisitions for the Procurement and Finance departments
- Assist Accounts Payable to resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices
- Keep staff and suppliers informed regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding the procurement process, policy and procedures
- Maintenance of the IFS purchasing module and supporting Procurement users
- Administration of the new supplier request process
- Maintain purchasing documents, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintenance of various trackers including the savings tracker, insurance certificate tracker and the sourcing projects register
- Administration and maintenance of the preferred supplier list
- Administration and maintenance of the procurement intranet web page
- Compilation and administration of various reports in order to review compliance with policy and procedures
- Recording and reporting functional KPIs and supplier KPIs as applicable
- Administration and Coordination of the Supplier Performance Evaluation process.
- Perform general administrative tasks for the purpose of supporting departmental activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Procurement and Finance functions
With excellent communication and organisational skills, the successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to work unsupervised when required. The successful candidate will preferably have some experience within a procurement role although not essential as full training will be given. The ability to prioritise tasks and activities are essential to the role, as is computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications in particular excel and word.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role please apply in writing providing full CV and covering letter to:
Group HR Department, PD Ports, 17 – 27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH