Closing Date: 28th June 2019
Following a restructuring within PD Logistics, we are seeking to recruit a Contract Manager for the Taylors Contract. This is a very dynamic and demanding Portcentric activity managing the storing and handling of imported tea and coffee products on behalf of Taylors of Harrogate. The role will be based at Billingham but there will be a requirement to travel to other operational locations including Teesport. It is a process driven environment, stock is received by container through Teesport, moved to the warehouse in Billingham and despatched daily to a production facility base in Harrogate.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all of the client’s service levels are achieved and that product integrity is maintained at all times. Reporting directly to Warehouse Operations Manager – North the successful candidate will span across a range of areas within the business from PD Ports Freight Forwarding, Container terminals, Engineering and Logistics operations to provide a seamless service to the customer.
The main duties include –
- Management of all operations to ensure compliance with Health & Safety
- First line contact with client, management and operational staff
- Setting and delivering against budget revenues/costs
- Ensure facilities are maintained to ‘food grade’ standard
- Monitor and maintain humidity levels within a ‘closed door’ policy
- Maintain accurate stock control
- Responsibility to ensure timely and accurate receipt of goods
- Ensuring daily ‘OTIF’ delivery performance of both dedicated and support vehicles
- Weekly scheduling of activity and completion of weekly reports
- Investigating and providing solutions to customer complaints
- Set up, agree and monitor service and performance via KPI’s
- Ensure integrity of product sampling
- Development of customer relationships at various levels with regular service reviews
- Continuously seek improvements to service.
In addition the successful candidate must be able to offer strategic input to identify and implement service led improvement and cost down initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in contract management have excellent management, organisational and communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure in a very demanding environment. IT literacy and the ability to analyse data in a variety of forms, prepare reports and presentations and be able to effectively communicate and build relationships both internally and externally, at all levels, are a pre-requisite.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role please send applications in writing to:
Rachel Cawthorne, Group HR Manager, PD Ports, 17-27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH
Or via email: email@example.com