Closing Date: 28th August 2020
You will be part of a dynamic Change & Delivery team that sit within the Group IT function of the business and will be defining, maintaining and optimising business system processes and functions. You will be responsible for delivering a consistent, clear and detailed set of business requirements for departmental projects and programmes, analysing key processes and producing clear, accurate, agreed analysis artefacts.
You will develop plans and proposals for the steps to be taken (including technology selection/ development) to realise the business requirements and at the same time develop, support and improve existing standards for business processes and deliverables.
The Change & Delivery team is composed of project and system specialists who have a strong business improvement focus, and the collective ability to combine data, information and practicality to efficiently translate ideas into decisions, and then into actions.
It is a transversal team responsible for the delivery of some of the key strategic software projects and improving performance by optimising business system processes.
- Support, own, clarify and validate the functional and non-functional requirements, including the resolution of conflicting requirements ensuring that all changes are recorded, managed and communicated to all relevant parties
- Ensure the requirements and any changes to them are properly thought through, implications considered and agreed with all stakeholders
- Organise and facilitate the requirements gathering and prioritisation workshops, document outputs and follow up on actions and queries
- Support the validation of requirements by analysing data modelling processes and activities to that it will assist in the decision making process
- Support the analysis and evaluation of possible impact of changes to the existing processes
- Work with the Project Manager and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problem and business case
- Deliver the required documentation during each stage of the project and ensuring sign off is received from all required stakeholders
- Manage requirements ensuring that there is traceability through the project lifecycle from initiation to final delivery.
- Support the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options (collaborating with key stakeholders across the business and technology teams) ensuring they consistent with the overall business strategy. This may include the evaluation of 3rd party solutions.
- Support the definition of the project scope and objectives
- Support the Project Manager in identifying project risks, impacts and mitigating actions
- Support the test activities by ensuring acceptance criteria are well documented and have the appropriate level of coverage.
- Be a key contact point for project stakeholders to answer queries and provide access to relevant information.
- Support test activities within the end to end project process
- Work with the wider teams to enable the solutions to be imbedded within the business through the development of communications and training materials
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Business stakeholders during the warranty phase by ensuring that any defects or enhancement requests are well defined and prioritised appropriately
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and facilitation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of directors, managers, and subject matter experts
- Proven ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way
- Ability to problem solve and challenge where appropriate
- Customer focused with the ability to influence decision making
- Experience of working with teams in multiple locations
- Proven experience of working across the full project lifecycle (from initiation through to benefits realisation) within both structured and agile project framework
- Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer / business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Experience of delivering requirement artefacts according to defined standards including user stories, using business language, ensuring requirements meet the INVEST criteria. Has a customer focused approach ensuring that changes delivered provide value to the business
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a business analysis role
- Business Analysis qualification preferred
- Container or Logistic experience preferred
- Agile experienced preferred
For more information and to apply please contact the Group HR Department
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square