Type: Temporary role
Closing Date: 14th June 2019
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
A vacancy has arisen for an Associate Project Manager to join the Change & Delivery Team based at Tees Dock on a temporary basis or, for internal candidates, as a temporary secondment. Associate Project Managers work in tandem with Project Managers to support the completion of projects
Working with a busy team the main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to create and manage a project plan with effective check points and dependencies.
- Manage capacity and resources to ensure that projects move forward in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate and plan effectively with all levels of the internal business clarifying all questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to represent the company to the customer in a professional manner ensuring consistency of message, accurate capture of costs and robust defence of project scope.
- Organise training for Train-the-trainer scenarios both pre and post implementation.
- Document best practice effectively and use best practice approach to customer deployment.
- Deliver best practice workflows to the customer and work with the customer to meet specific process requirements through configuration of the application.
- Ability to work with Implementation Specialists and Integration/BI specialist to deliver technical solutions seamlessly.
With excellent communication, time management and organisational skills, the successful candidate will have the ability to organise their own workload, prioritise tasks and activities and a track record of producing quality documentation. They should have a strong technical background with understanding or hands-on experience of software development and excellent Microsoft Office Skills. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work effectively in a deadline-orientated work environment, successfully execute many tasks simultaneously and an effective team worker. Familiarity with Project Management Software (i.e. Microsoft Project) and Waterfall or Agile project management knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this opportunity please send applications in writing, including a CV and cover letter, detailing any relevant experience, to:
Address: Rachel Cawthorne, Group HR Manager, PD Ports, 17 – 27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019