When it comes to selecting a port on the North East coast of England, why choose Teesport?
Simply, the transport links are first class and it is the gateway to the North, one of only three UK regions that is a net exporter by GDP.
Teesport is located less than a mile from the mouth of the River Tees. It’s a deep-water facility with a natural marine opening, providing lock-free access to the North Sea.
Fewer areas of the UK are better served by road and rail services. Teesport has direct access to the A66 Trans-pennine East and West routes and A19/A1 M1 national motorway links for North and South. This is complemented by direct rail links via the East Coast Main Line and Trans-Pennine routes to all parts of the UK.
At Teesport we handle over 5,000 vessels each year and around 40 million tonnes of cargo. Our estate covers some 779 acres and is an integral element of the wider industrial area. Steel, petrochemical, agribulks, manufacturing, engineering and high street commerce operations are all supported through Teesport. In addition we support a burgeoning renewable energy sector – in both production and assembly facilities - all of whom utilise our warehousing, logistics and excellent supply chain expertise.
The strength of Teesport is its versatility and adaptability. From multi channel retailers, producers to manufacturers, few ports can offer such a wide range of service options for you to benefit from.
Here’s a range of services and facilities available to you:
- two container terminals (TCT1 and TCT2) each comprising of two berths. Teesport's container terminal capacity to circa 650,000 TEU
- three general cargo berths, handling a variety of commodities including steel, dry cargo and project cargoes. All berths have a depth alongside of between 10.9 metres - 14.5m LAT
- three Ro-Ro berths, two within the main port area and one river berth
- in excess of 2 million square feet of covered warehousing and substantial open storage areas
- over 3 million sq ft portcentric warehousing currently in operation
- private rail sidings capable of handling a full range of cargoes
- extensive open storage compounds, capable of handling vehicles ranging from cars and heavy goods vehicles to plant and machinery