Felixstowe, the largest container port in the UK, is a deepwater complex to accommodate the worlds latest generation of ultra-post Panamax deep-draughted vessels.
Felixstowe’s connectivity is second to none. The A14 connects to the Midlands via the M6, the North via the M1 and M6 and A1 and the A12 to London
PD Logistics brings to the Port of Felixstowe an innovative portcentric concept. PD Logistics’ award winning portcentric solution can give you lower freight miles, faster turnaround times, increased service levels, less road congestion, reduced empty running, decreased supply chain costs, unrivalled flexibility, lower carbon emissions and bespoke services.
The Port is your distribution centre. One centralised point where stock can be processed if necessary in less than 24 hours. A definitive response to your clients’ needs. The facility sits directly within 250m of the dock gates and forms part of our integrated warehousing, logistics and supply chain services.
PD Logistics’ Felixstowe facility is the largest warehousing and cross docking facility within the Port area. PD Logistics is able to offer you a full portcentric solution on both a dedicated or multi user platform, providing particular expertise in areas such as:
- general merchandise
- beers, wines & spirits
- ambient foodstuffs
- forest products including fine paper
Our Felixstowe facility provides a wide range of services:
- 22 acre site offering extensive outside storage
- 535,000 sq ft of covered warehousing within three distinct warehouse cells
- warehouses with 12m to the eaves for efficient block stacking
- over 100,000 sq ft of racked warehouse
- bond facility with full customs and excise approval – both wet and dry bond
- integrated container shunting service
- container devanning
- load consolidation
- order picking
- access to rail facilities, capable of handling containerised movements