Closing Date: 4th June 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
The role of Team Leader, will be located within Warehouse C which handles palletised stock at Tees Dock, however Warehouse Team Leaders, may be required to work at other sites within the company.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership to Warehouse Operatives, and ensure contractual needs are met, exceeded and future goals established.
Team Leaders work shifts, Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. / 2 p.m. – 22.00 p.m. reporting directly to the Warehouse Supervisors.
Training will be provided, however candidates will be required to demonstrate that they possess logistics/warehousing knowledge, customer service skills and experience of people management issues. Applicants should be aware of Health and Safety regulations/legislation.
Due to the high level of interest anticipated for this rare opportunity, successful applicants selected for interview will be asked a series of company and role related questions, and will be required to deliver a presentation, further details will be provided to applicants who are successful for interview stage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing loading and receipt of produce, ensuring correct storage methods and procedures are adhered to
- Instruct, coach and develop warehouse team
- Manage risk assessments and safe systems of work
- KPI creation and reporting
- Manage safety database information
- People management
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft word, excel, outlook as minimum
- Knowledge of working time directive
- Good level of communication skills – verbal and written
- High levels of accuracy
- Leadership skills
- Be analytically minded
- Customer service skills
- Negotiation skills
- Situational awareness
- Financial awareness
- Organised approach to work load
- Professional attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good listening skills
- Good time keeping
- Interpersonal skills
- Driving License and own transport
It will be essential for applicants to have their own transport, as access to public transport is limited.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills, knowledge and attitude to join our warehousing team, please forward on your CV along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
or via e-mail: