Closing Date: 30th August 2021
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in portcentric logistics.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to provide supervisory support to a team of Warehouse Operatives, ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to and ensuring contractual needs are met and exceeded.
Duties of the role include:
- Instructing, coaching and developing the warehouse team.
- Day to day supervisory responsibility for the warehouse team.
- Maintaining excellent standards of health and safety, hygiene and product integrity within the workplace.
- Ensuring all goods are received, stored, controlled and dispatched in line with standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining safety database information.
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
To apply for the position the successful candidate should have a standard driving licence and a counterbalance forklift truck licence. A good knowledge of warehousing and warehouse management systems would be advantageous.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining relevant skills & experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Closing date: 30th August 2021