Closing Date: 12th November 2021
WAREHOUSE SHIFT MANAGERS
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in portcentric logistics.
Warehouse C are looking to recruit four x Warehouse Shift Managers to assist the Contract Manager, in providing a first class service to our customers and consumers in line with service level agreements.
Duties of the role include:
- Ensuring Health and Safety Procedures are in place and followed through a behavioural safety approach, as well as drafting risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Managing people through supporting and coaching the Team Leaders and Warehouse Operatives, as well as reviewing training requirements for the team
- Ensuring on-time and accurate service delivery to the customer through overseeing the receipt, pick & loading of product
- Liaising with the customer to update on performance against key KPIs and respond to queries
- Supporting on customer stock audits, as well as environmental, ISO and 5S audits
- Reporting on business KPI’s, safety database information and EEMS, as well as creating other bespoke reports as required
- Supporting and preparing for growth with customers
- Maintaining housekeeping standards to 5S Level
- Continental shift pattern, 20 days holiday
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
Applicants require excellent communication skills, leadership skills and drive to improve alongside the below initial skill base to apply:
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above).
- IT Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a minimum.
- Degree level management qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience of people and budget management.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to produce reports/KPI’s.
- Customer service skills.
- Understanding of Employment Law and Working Time Directive
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 12th November 2021