Closing Date: 17th December 2021
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in Port centric logistics and steel distribution. PD Ports has significantly invested into the development of the transport services, with modern vehicle fleets and trailers.
Reporting to the Group Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, managing requirements of Transport Managers based at various locations, Teesside, Groveport and Felixstowe. Supported by the Health and Safety and Training Department, the main duties of the role are to cover the below tasks throughout the PD Ports transport operations.
- Developing Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work, reviewing annually.
- Creating new working processes and delivering training to drivers.
- Training personnel in LGV CPC, EU tachograph compliance, safe and fuel-efficient driving methods, vehicle and trailer familiarisation and load security.
- Developing existing working processes and delivering training to drivers.
- Implementing Safe Systems of Work within the operations team, for customers and drivers.
- Implementation of driver processes, and monitoring and management of compliance issues.
- Review new and existing processes, creating and implementing continuous improvement Plans.
- Ensure compliance with all the requirements of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Paid driver CPC training/Safety Passport Training.
- LGV medical paid.
- Sick pay scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Full uniform provided.
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.).
- On-going training and assessments to help develop individual skills.
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution).
Applicants require GCSE Level 4 (Grade C or above), an A Level qualification would be preferable. LGV C+E and driving licence and own transport are required.
Excellent IT skills are required, along with presentation and coaching skills, process management experience, the ability to create KPI’s and progress reports and a good knowledge of Health and Safety within the workplace environment.
Knowledge of logistics and transport operations would be preferable.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org