Closing Date: 17th February 2023
Are you an experienced Transport Planner looking for an exciting opportunity in Teesdock? PD Ports, a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, is seeking a full-time Transport Planner to join our welcoming and inclusive team.
Working in a busy department, you will work alongside the existing transport team to assist with the continued growth of the modern distribution fleet. The Transport Planner is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day operations and implementation of successful contract wins. This role will include night shifts, one week in five.
To give you an idea of how the role will look and feel, here are some areas you can expect to work in as Transport Planner:
- Plan, coordinate, and control all inbound and outbound traffic
- Ensure customer requests and special instructions are actioned
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met in accordance with safe working practices, security protocols and effective training
- Communicate with other Transport Planners to ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation
The ideal candidate will need experience in all transport avenues, including flat trailers, curtain-siders and containers, and the knowledge to backload vehicles throughout the UK. We need someone capable of providing a first-class transport service to our customers whilst ensuring Health and Safety is not jeopardised. You will also need the ability to plan vehicles effectively to meet departmental budgets and individual/business KPIs.
In return for your dedication and commitment, we will provide a attractive benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (depending on shift pattern)
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme and more!
Please don’t hesitate to apply with our team at PD Ports today if this full-time Transport Planner job in Teesdock motivates and inspires you.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s biggest and most progressive port groups with a reputation for excellence gained from decades of experience and a highly skilled workforce. PD Ports employs over 1,400 people nationwide whilst also operating one of the most ambitious apprenticeship programmes in the maritime industry as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting the next generation.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter, reference AM-TP-137 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17th February 2023