Closing Date: 28th February 2021
Transport Administration/ Compliance/Planning
Based at Groveport
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing over 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
Based in the Transport Department at Groveport, Gunness an opportunity has arisen for a Transport administrator, covering compliance aspects and planning.
Working in a busy department this exciting new opportunity has arisen to work alongside the existing transport team to assist with the continued growth of the modern distribution fleet. You will be responsible for the smooth running of day to day operations, ensuring the existing transport operation remains compliant through close coordination with the Transport Manager and his existing team.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Performing administrative duties including accurate input of information, timesheets, tachograph records and holiday rotas
- Answering incoming enquiries from internal and external customer relating to transport
- Developing good relationships with drivers and other key stakeholders, including the Engineering department and the maintenance provider in regards to defects and servicing
- Knowledge of operational processes and compliance surrounding trucks and drivers
- To support other team members in problem solving
- To develop an understanding of day to day equipment for all trucks and drivers
- Performing on-call duties on a rota basis
- Ensure effective vehicle resources are available whilst ensuring safe vehicle operations
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reducing costs
- Keep accurate records of costs, and schedules, and manage changes to schedules if applicable
- Develop and provide daily weekly and monthly reports
- Monitoring of LYTX in cab camera equipment and the upkeep of FTA online tachograph reporting
The ideal candidate will need experience in all avenues of the transport function. Able to provide a first class transport service to our customers whilst ensuring Health and Safety is not jeopardised. Organised with the ability to multitask. Strong communication and customer service skills. A team player who can work under pressure. Previous experience is highly desirable, although full training will be given in all aspects of the operation
On offer is an opportunity to join a national logistics company who are well positioned to further expand their business, so if you feel you have the necessary right skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team please apply in writing providing full CV and cover letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square