Closing Date: 25th June 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. The Felixstowe operation enables connectivity and supply chain services, with access to all major roads – north and south, rail connections to Teesport, and storage facilities making it a central hub and main distribution center for any UK importer or exporter.
Reporting to the Stock Control and Systems Manager, PD Ports are looking to recruit a highly motivated Stock Administrator to work within a busy team for contracts based at Felixstowe.
Working hours will be 40 hours per week, shift patterns are in place, flexible is required to the needs of the business – most duties are covered during dayshift operating hours.
The main duties of the role are:
- Dealing with customer queries via telephone and e-mail
- Ensure that any damages are recorded accurately
- Manage and maintain the pick face integrity
- Liaise with the Warehouse Line management to ensure all intake zones match the system (weekly check) and all despatch zones match the system (daily check)
- Liaise with the client regarding order shortages, deliveries and stock checks
- Liaise with Line Manager over pick performance and errors whilst maintaining a log of miss-picks and issues reported by the client
- Produce KPI documents outlining the Pick and Stock accuracy
- Identify issues with the WMS and escalate accordingly
- Review and monitor stock flow and liaise with First and Second Line Management to adjust pick faces accordingly
- Maintain accurate documented stock records and processes
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- IT Skills, Microsoft word, excel, outlook
- WMS Experience
- Experience of operating in a BRC environment
- Ability to operate machinery, a Flexi Forklift Truck and Scissor Licence would be preferable, however training will be provided if necessary
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Customer service skills
- Problems solving skills/be analytically minded
- Organised approach to work load
- Professional attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience of working within a busy and fast changing environment
If you think that you have the skills to undertake this role please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queens Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com