Closing Date: 20th August 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide security for PD Ports estates, assets, goods and personnel at Felixstowe. The post holder must also assist in providing effective liaison with the Operational Team at Felixstowe, the Security Manager and crime reduction organisations, ensuring that STRETCH values are maintained. The successful candidate will need to work as part of a team, and will have to use their own initiative, have the ability to prioritise tasks and have excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
Contractual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 0800hrs – 1730hrs.
Training will be provided for the main duties of the role, which include:
- Monitoring access control systems and CCTV feeds
- Reporting and recording of suspicious and environmental incidents
- Reporting health and safety issues and ensuring PPE requirements are adhered to
- Undertaking perimeter and site patrols
- Dealing with external and internal visitors and customers, including inductions
- Dealing with telephone queries
- Checking and issuing Security Passes in line with departmental procedures
- Maintaining records, updating and provision of reports electronically, including using the Warehouse Management System to check order status and shipping trailer numbers
- Dealing with the management of vehicles on and off site, including updating the Gatehouse Log and the transport system.
- Carrying out driver checks as required
- Working in line with procedures and safe systems of work
- Holidays of 25 days per annum
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ongoing training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
The successful candidate will require a full driving license along with their own transport. They should also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to resolve problems. In addition to this, experience in the use of IT Systems is desirable, along with Level 2 Security Guarding and Level 2 CCTV Operator.
Alongside the above, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, reference checks and a Disclosure Barring Service check prior to the commencement of any employment. An SIA Licence and previous experience is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com