Closing Date: 7th June 2019
The business is seeking to recruit into a new role of Safety Coordinator to provide support for the Unitised Management team covering the management, administration and coordination of Safety related matters.
The post will be a Management grade role. Key aspects of the role will include:-
- Coordination of Health & Safety activities, in line with policies, procedures and best practice.
- Coordination of outputs and action points from Safety Meetings, Audits and POE’s.
- Coordination of the Safety Concern process, in liaison with the Shift Management team.
- Coordination and update of Toolbox talks, Work Instructions, Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments.
- Coordination of Working Groups.
- Collating and creating written reports for Management.
- Coordinating and guiding the Safety Champions – Providing support and drive where needed.
- An opportunity to receive DGSA training to undertake the Company DGSA role.
The successful candidate will possess a high level of computer literacy, Microsoft Office and analytical skills, and will be expected to provide evidence of such skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, is also a prerequisite. As a minimum, the successful candidate must have a Nebosh general certificate.
The role will involve a close liaison with both the Shift Management team and workforce. The candidate will be a confident individual and experience of creating and delivering presentations is desired.
You will be expected to drive Safety Initiatives and ensure that all record keeping and outstanding action points are managed and delivered within the required timescales.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to Safety Management. You will be able to work on your own initiative, without supervision, have a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to effectively prioritise workloads and efficiently manage your time.
The position offers the opportunity for career advancement for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the right skills, knowledge and attitude please apply in writing providing full CV and covering letter to:
Group HR Department
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 7th June 2019