Closing Date: 20th August 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager, you will be part of the PMO team that sit within the Group IT function of the business.
Duties of the role include:
- Accountable for delivery of assigned projects to agreed criteria to optimal time, cost, scope and quality, and utilising appropriate and agreed project methodology.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Escalates risks/conflicts and provide proposals to effectively address them. Applies robust risk, issue and change controls.
- Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements, securing resources and building realistic/optimised plans for the successful delivery of the project(s) to the agreed scope and budget. Monitor and track all activities and takes action where these deviate from the plan.
- Manage third parties and suppliers to meet all project goals within agreed costs, time and quality criteria.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team, shaping the team, motivating team members to achieve their project objectives and develop their skills and experience.
- Effectively manage, influence and motivate all Stakeholders and Sponsors to ensure full understanding, commitment and engagement to the project goals.
- Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business and provide accurate and timely reports.
- Develop detailed project plans and associated governance documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Create regular status reports for stakeholder and project team information.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project retrospective meetings to ensure continual improvement of the Project team.
- Input into and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management within the PM function.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- PD Ports branded uniform provided if desired
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
With solid understanding of project management principles, the successful candidate will have experience working in a Port or Logistic environment and preferably have accreditations in a Project Management discipline or experience in project management disciplines.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org