Closing Date: 17th February 2023
PD Ports is looking for an engaging and articulate Procurement Specialist, and the procurement role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package, including flexible working arrangements for the successful candidate.
As our Procurement Specialist, you will support the Head of procurement in providing a comprehensive procurement service to achieve maximum value and the best procurement practices. You will also support the company’s’ business objectives and compliance with the firm’s procurement policy. Please note this position offers a favourable salary and the opportunity to explore working arrangements.
To give you an idea of how this flexible Procurement Specialist role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Lead and execute sourcing projects aimed at reducing cost, minimising risk and optimising business processes for operating goods and services
- Provide procurement lead to develop and deliver capital sourcing projects, including capital projects that fall into the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (UCR16)
- Provide procurement support to the projects team for all capital projects
- Develop and implement sourcing plans and strategies for commodities as assigned, considering situation analysis, company objectives, key industry market and economic trends
- Encourage and influence stakeholders to ensure key spending categories.
To apply for this Procurement Specialist role, you will need a business, purchasing or industry-related degree. You will also require the following:
- At least five years working in a procurement role in delivering sourcing projects, driving cost savings and negotiating improved commercial terms and conditions.
- MCIPS qualified (or willing to become qualified – sponsored by PD Ports) Working knowledge of negotiating terms, conditions and construction of supplier contracts
- Sound numerical skills.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
We’d love you to apply for this Full-time Procurement Specialist position in Middlesbrough, and we’re waiting to hear from you. Please contact the PD Ports team today.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s biggest and most progressive port groups with a reputation for excellence gained from decades of experience and a highly skilled workforce. PD Ports employs over 1,400 people nationwide whilst also operating one of the most ambitious apprenticeship programmes in the maritime industry as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting the next generation.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference R-PSQ-146 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17rd February 2023