Closing Date: 10th May 2019
You will be part of the Change & Delivery team, a team composed of highly numerate individuals who have a strong business improvement focus, and the collective ability to combine information and common sense to efficiently translate ideas into decisions, and then into actions.
The team are responsible for improving performance by optimising business processes and they are also responsible for supporting the delivery of all key Unitised and Logistics projects.
The successful candidate will be involved in delivering a consistent, clear and detailed set of business requirements for departmental projects and programmes, analysing key processes and producing clear, accurate, agreed analysis artefacts.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive a variety of initiatives to further improve operational efficiencies and data accuracy they will also have a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction.
Working very closely with PD Ports in-house IT Business Services, Support and Infrastructure teams, the candidate will be a capable self-starter, able to work on their own initiative, and able to drive projects and targets forward in a timely manner.
To provide operational and technical guidance to the users of the business applications to ensure that the business benefits of the application continue to be achieved throughout its lifetime.
The successful candidate will become an expert on the business application to ensure that external vendor support and input is reduced to a minimum which in turn will help reduce external costs.
- Support, own, clarify and validate the functional and non-functional requirements, including the resolution of conflicting requirements ensuring that all changes are recorded, managed and communicated to all relevant parties
- Ensure the requirements and any changes to them are properly thought through, implications considered and agreed with all stakeholders
- Deliver the required documentation during each stage of the project and ensuring sign off is received from all required stakeholders
- Support the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options (collaborating with key stakeholders across the business and technology teams) ensuring they consistent with the overall business strategy. This may include the evaluation of 3rd party solutions.
- Support the test activities by ensuring acceptance criteria are well documented and have the appropriate level of coverage.
- Support test activities within the end to end project process
- Work with the wider teams to enable the solutions to be imbedded within the business through the development of communications and training materials
- Ensuring Data Integrity is maintained within the system. Managing the structured creation of operational elements of the system, such as vessel creation/amendment, customer data/details, contract and charging mechanisms.
- Possess or build an in depth but umbrella overview of key integration platforms such as MCP Destin8 and Business Intelligence Dashboards.
- Building necessary skills to cater for the needs of the business and the effective management of the system.
- Liaison with software vendors and third party suppliers, following of the change control process and system enhancements in partnership with PD Ports IT department, working within corporate policies, guidelines and best practice.
- Involvement in the testing and implementation of system enhancements and upgrades.
- Drive business improvement in line with the strategic requirements of the business.
- Analyse, document and propose solutions for business processes.
- Create and implement formal procedures and structures relating to the application and its support.
- Full understanding of all operational processes to enable swift identification of issues.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and facilitation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of directors, managers, and subject matter experts
- Proven ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way
- Ability to problem solve and challenge where appropriate
- Customer focused with the ability to influence decision making
- Experience of working with teams in multiple locations
- Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business
- Ability to work under pressure
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Application Support role or Technical Support role
- Navis experience preferred
- Strong SQL skills
- BI Experience (Qlik, Birst)
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Container or Logistic experience preferred
- Strong Technical knowledge
Group HR Officer
17-27 Queens Square
Via email to email@example.com