Location: Tees Dock / Vulcan Street
Pilot Vessel Deckhand Trainee
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent
Hours of work: 192 hours per month with a shift pattern consisting of two days, two nights, four off.
Duties of the role include:
- Learn and understand all aspects of the pilot vessel operations
- Vessel mooring/unmooring
- Assisting pilots during boarding operations
- Vessel hygiene and assisting with maintenance
- Successful applicant is expected to undertake training that is essential to carry out the duties, this will include Survival at Sea, First Aid, Watch Training, Marine Fire Fighting and Social Responsibility.
- Any other duties on board vessel as directed by Vessel Master
The successful candidate will be required to be able to obtain an ENG1 marine medical certificate.
They should also be aware of the shift pattern nature of hours that will include regular night shifts and will also be required to be able to attend work at either Tees Dock Pilot station or Conservancy Depot, Vulcan Street, Middlesbrough as necessary.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,400 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centers across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience to: email@example.com
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 19th October 2023
For more information and to apply please contact the Group HR Department
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square