Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
APPRENTICESHIP – PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and one of the largest employers in the Tees Valley. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates Teesport, one of the UK’s most progressive ports, which supports over 22,000 jobs and generates £1.4bn to the economy every year.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this role will be located in the Payroll Department based in Queens Square, Middlesbrough.
An opportunity to join PD Ports on a 24-month programme dependent on entry-level skills and experience, providing a high standard of knowledge, skills, and behaviours in line with the requirements of the payroll team, as well as the wider working environment. A mentor from within the business will be allocated to support the candidate throughout their apprenticeship, to set learning goals and track progress.
The aim of the apprenticeship is to develop understanding, behaviours, and skills in:
- Gathering, creation and processing of payroll related information via payroll software.
- Understanding of legislative and contractual obligations.
- Internal and external reporting of payroll information to deadlines.
- Effective and appropriate communication with employees and relevant stakeholders.
Applicants will require the below initial skill base to apply:
- GCSE Maths and English, Level 2
- A Level qualification preferable
- Interest in accounts and finance
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams is required
- Good communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Be able to use own initiative
- High levels of accuracy
- Professional conduct
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending CV and covering letter to Tanya Mountain, Group HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Friday 10th June 2022.