Closing Date: 30th July 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
The role will be located in the Transport Department, Teesport. The Transport business has doubled in size in recent years and is currently going through another significant period of growth moving to a team of 100 drivers and 70 units.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for providing leadership for the Transport North business to enable the team and business to continue to grow and deliver in a safe, efficient, positive way.
With responsibility for the delivery of daily operations alongside the department safety plan, team development, business growth, customer management and legal compliance.
Role responsibilities include:
- Day to day operational responsibility for the transport operation.
- Leadership & development of the team.
- Embedding & improving behavioural safety culture.
- Ensuring legal compliance.
- Delivering against financial targets.
- Building business through efficient introduction of new customers.
- Reporting on & analysing departmental performance.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a proven track record of developing and leading a team of people to support the growth of the business. With solid experience in the transport sector, a commercial mind and excellent communication skills, this person will also need good analytical skills and experience in managing change, as they will be joining the team at an exciting time of growth and opportunity.
Applicants will require the below qualifications and initial skill base to apply:
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above).
- IT Skills word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook minimum.
- Degree level management qualification an advantage
- CPC holder would be advantage
- Experience of people and budget management.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to produce reports/KPI’s.
- Customer service skills.
- Persuasion/Negotiation skills.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview, which will include delivery of a presentation to the management team.
If you feel that you have the necessary base skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team for this exciting opportunity, please send in your CV along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queens Square,
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org