Closing Date: 20th November 2020
The Unitised operations are seeking applicants for the role of Operations Development Specialist. The overall purpose of the role is to develop and maximise all elements of the Unitised Operational Platform, drive and deliver change initiatives and actively support the direct operational needs as and when required.
Reporting to the Operations Development Manager Unitised, the primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Actively contribute towards the development and implementation of operational change initiatives across the whole of the Unitised platform
- Perform administration duties including data maintenance and reporting in line with operational performance objectives
- Proactively engage with all departments as required to ensure best use of resources is achieved, while ensuring compliance with policies and standards are met
- Provide support to end users within the terminal and 3rd parties as appropriate
- Have a continuous improvement mind set and apply process development and a standardisation ethos across the Unitised platform
- Adherence to the agreed SLA’s & operational KPI’s
- Desire to mentor and support staff development as appropriate in line with individuals expectations
- Extensive operational experience of Unitised operations is essential, with experience of Lo- Lo, Ro-Ro, Rail and distribution operations desirable. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of change implementation, and process development and implementation. Demonstrable experience of compliance with business polices and standards and project experience in the related Unitised fields. Experience of Continuous Improvement & Standardisation methodologies is also desirable.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this role please apply in writing providing a full CV and covering letter detailing your relevant skills and experience to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
or via e-mail to: