Closing Date: 10th February 2023
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs, this role is based in PD Ports HQ at Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing marketing and communications team at PD Ports.
You will play a key role in sharing our story to promote business growth, strengthen our reputation, manage risk, and support our vision to be an employer of choice. In the role, you will be responsible for leading the Company’s media and public relations activity reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs and providing guidance and recommendations on all media related activity to senior management. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day supervisory management of the Marketing and Communications team.
– Support the Head of Corporate Affairs in delivering overall departmental and group-wide strategic business objectives both commercial and as Statutory Harbour Authority.
– Manage the department in the absence of the Head of Corporate Affairs.
– Provide supervisory management support to the Marketing and Communications Team.
– First point of contact for all media enquiries.
– Forge relationships with print, digital and broadcast journalists, key influencers and local stakeholders to further strengthen PD Ports’ reputation and manage risk.
– Manage and grow media and press database.
– Source stories in line with business objectives, create content and work with third parties to obtain quotes.
– Management of external media-related support agencies appointed by PD Ports.
– Produce monthly reports relating to media engagement and press coverage, providing advice and recommendations to the Head of Corporate Affairs and senior management .
– Assist in the delivery of media visits with Head of Corporate Affairs.
– Second-in-command on all business resilience and crisis management activity.
– Support in the delivery of PD Ports’ education programmes promoting maritime careers.
– Responsible for developing and reviewing departmental policies and procedures with annual reviews.
Proven track record in creating and delivering effective content for various media channels at a local, regional and national level. Experience working with journalists and responding to media requests. Proven track record in planning public relations strategies together with delivery tactics. Excellent copywriting and editing skills. Knowledge and competence on all social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. Excellent presentation skills. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
– Experience in crisis management communication.
– Knowledge of local and central government landscape.
– Basic photography and video editing.
– B2B marketing and communications.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Problem solver.
– High levels of integrity and self-motivation.
– Highly collaborative team player.
– Ability to adapt to a diverse and quick changing environment.
– Calm and logical.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Task driven with ability to work across multiple projects.
– Ability and drive to build and develop networks.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Comfortable in sharing views and ideas across all levels including senior management.
– Strong IT skills.
Qualified to degree level, preferably in journalism or public relations.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and the largest private employer in the Tees Valley. With 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 10th February 2023