Closing Date: 30th November 2021
PD Ports, based in North East England, is one of the UK’s major port groups backed by a multi award-winning logistics business, specialising in Port centric logistics and steel distribution. PD Ports has significantly invested into the development of the transport services, with modern vehicle fleets and trailers based at both Teesport and Groveport.
Driving an artic LGV vehicle on steel and container distribution nationwide, working in line with EU rules and regulations, conducting pre-use vehicle checks, load securing, and accurate completion of paperwork. Whilst working with an excellent attitude towards customer service and health and safety.
There are also opportunities for permanent night and weekend drivers covering containers, taut liner trailers and steel flat operations.
Salary and Benefits
- £12.25 per hour basic pay
- Overtime paid after 8 hours at time and a half
- £26.00 per night out payment (Parking Paid)
- 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Paid driver CPC training/Safety Passport Training
- LGV medical paid
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- On-going training and assessments to help develop individual skills
- Company pension scheme (up to 4% company contribution)
Applicants must hold the relevant licence, driver CPC card & preferably have at least one-year’s proven experience, and have good levels of health and safety awareness.
New qualified drivers will be considered along with drivers looking for flexible working weeks with days to suit individuals requirements.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org