Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 30th September 2023
An opportunity has arisen for a Jetty Operator to join our busy team at Purfleet.
Working Arrangements: Monday to Friday working either day or night shifts, as and when required to do so. The role will also involve regular weekend work when required (additional payments are applicable for weekend work).
The five main things our Jetty Operator will be working on are:
• Work in accordance with written procedures to ensure the quality and quantity of the client’s vegetable oil products meets requirements.
• Obtain oil samples from cargo ships based at the Purfleet River jetty and the Purfleet oil terminal storage tanks/road tankers to ensure the product meets quality and safety specifications.
• Record times and relevant details on a computer-based reporting system.
• Communicate relevant information in a timely manner to other internal departments and to the client.
• Liaise with the cargo ship, shipping agent and oil terminal to ensure cargo offloading is carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Some basic manual handling tasks involved, but this is not an overly physical job.
We are seeking someone who:
• Is enthusiastic and has a flexible approach to changes in the operational requirements of the role.
• Has a good working knowledge of IT systems such as Microsoft Office including Outlook.
• Is self-motivated, well organised, reliable, and punctual with good attention to detail.
Starting salary of £25,000, plus additional payments for weekend work.
We offer 25 days holiday, paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave, life insurance, a generous sick pay scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply in writing, outlining relevant skills & experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org and use job reference JETOP2023.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please contact email@example.com.
Closing Date: Saturday 30th September 2023