Closing Date: 4th March 2022
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and one of the largest employers in the Tees Valley. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates Teesport, one of the UK’s most progressive ports, which supports over 22,000 jobs and generates £1.4bn to the economy every year.
In support of its core value of achieving world-class performance, the Company is looking to recruit a IT Field Support Technician who will be part of the Service Desk and will report to the IT Service Desk Manager.
Working Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00, and based out of our Groveport offices, duties of the role will include:
- 1st line IT support of MS Windows 10 Desktops, Office 365
- 1st line IT Support of internal Business Applications, utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Installation of desktops, laptops, printers and other peripherals across the Humber region and Southern sites.
- Field support of any IT issues arising in the Humber region and other southern sites.
- Creation of Active Directory accounts and Mailboxes.
- Checking Symantec NetBackup Backups and performing restores.
- Ensuring calls are logged, updated and categorised correctly using the Service Desk Application.
- Ensure calls are escalated to the relevant teams where 1st line fix is not possible.
- Building PC’s and Laptops, when required, from a standard image using Microsoft SCCM (Training will be provided).
- Follow the PD Ports Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Internal training and Safety Passport Training/ On-going training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
The candidate will be required to have at least 2 years’ experience working as a 1st line IT support engineer and must have their own vehicle which they are willing to use for work and a valid driving license.
The candidate should also have a good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications and should be willing to keep up to date with existing and forthcoming technologies.
Technical competences in the following IT services are desirable but not essential:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Server 2016 / 2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMWare version 6.7 and above
- Veritas NetBackup
- CISCO Networking
Excellent communication and organisational skills, self-motivation, the ability to work under pressure and a methodical and logical approach to problem solving are a pre-requisite. As is a customer focused approach and an analytical mindset.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com Closing date: 4th March 2022