Closing Date: 12th April 2021
IT Service Desk – 2nd Line Support Engineer
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume, Teesport, and holds a portfolio of other Port and warehousing interests throughout the UK.
The Group IT function is based on the Teesport estate and provides comprehensive support to the whole PD Group via 5 functional departments: Change & Delivery, Technical Services, Business Services, Service Desk and Governance & Compliance. The department has recently been restructured to ensure it can provide a high quality service to a business that has, in recent years, become heavily IT reliant in order to manage its systems, processes and external customer interface and to drive efficiencies and service improvement via IT based technologies.
In support of its core value of achieving world-class performance, the Company is looking to recruit an IT Service Desk 2nd line support engineer. The role will be part of the Service Desk and will report to the IT Service Desk Team Leader. Key tasks will include:
- 2nd line IT support on MS Windows 10 computers, Server 2016 & 2019 and Office 2016 & 365.
- 2nd line IT Support on internal Business Applications utilising procedures provided by the Business Application owners.
- Creation of Active Directory accounts and Mailboxes.
- Incident / Request Management.
- Provide 2nd line field support to various sites around the country.
- Provide out of hours IT support on a 1 week in 4 rotation.
- Provide single point of contact and escalation of issues from the business and from within IT.
- Ensuring that Service Desk is continually monitored and that all incidents and requests are dealt with as per processes and within set SLA’s.
- Following the PD Ports Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes.
The successful candidate should have at least 2 years proven experience of working as a 2nd line IT Support Engineer. The ideal candidate should also have a good working knowledge of ITIL.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility and manage own workload.
- A good working knowledge of SQL, Linux and Oracle is desirable but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of Service Now (ITSM) would be advantageous.
- Candidate must own their own car and be willing to use it to travel between sites.
- The ability to work under pressure and a methodical and logical approach to problem solving are a pre-requisite of this role. As is a customer focused approach and an analytical mind-set.
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000
Additional on call allowance once providing out of hours support
Company sick pay scheme
Employee/employer contributory pension scheme
25 days holiday plus 8 statutory
On call allowance scheme
If you feel you have the necessary right skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team please apply in writing providing full CV and cover letter to:
Group HR Department
Or alternatively by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 12h April 2021