Closing Date: 14th June 2023
Working Schedule: 35 hours per week
PD Ports has an exciting opportunity for an HSE Advisor to provide occupational health, safety, and environmental support to our sites across the Humber and Southern region (Felixstowe and Erith). This HSE advisor role is based in Groveport and offers an excellent salary and benefits.
As an HSE Advisor, you will provide occupational health, safety, and environmental support to our sites across the Humber and Southern region (Felixstowe and Erith). You will be responsible for facilitating and supporting the effective and proportionate management of HSE risk within the region.
In your role as HSE Advisor, you can expect to:
- Provide subject matter expertise as required and integrate fully with local management to support local needs and objectives.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance to enable the delivery of effective risk management.
- Support the development of risk assessments, procedures, work instructions and local improvement plans.
- Monitor implementation through audits, inspections and other assurance activity and identify areas for improvement.
- Respond proactively to incidents, undertaking investigations to establish learning outcomes.
- Facilitate promotion of a positive culture and role model effective behaviours.
25 days holiday – Plus Bank Holidays, Cycle-to-work scheme, Opportunity to access Training, Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.), Company pension scheme & Sick pay scheme.
To apply for this role you’ll need to have a certificate Level qualification in H&S, ideally working towards a Diploma. You’ll also require:
- Certificate-level qualification in environmental management
- Qualification in Internal Audit (relevant ISO standard)
- HSE role experience within ports and/or logistics (beneficial)
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you’ll receive a generous salary and a benefits package and join a welcoming and inclusive culture.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s biggest and most progressive port groups with a reputation for excellence gained from decades of experience and a highly skilled workforce. PD Ports employs over 1,400 people nationwide whilst also operating one of the most ambitious apprenticeship programmes in the maritime industry as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting the next generation.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference HSE-1288 to: firstname.lastname@example.org