Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 20th August 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Senior HR Officer, this is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable HR experience whilst working in a busy generalist HR department. As a HR Graduate you will be provided with a development plan to both provide admin support to the HR Team whilst developing skills in disciplinary & grievance processes, recruitment, pension & benefits and HR Administration.
- Support the HR Officers with disciplinary & grievance cases
- Support the HR Assistant with absence & welfare activities
- Support line managers with recruitment activities, including preparing advertisements, checking applications, short listing, interviewing, selecting candidates and arranging any necessary testing.
- Participate in HR projects as required.
- Update and maintain the HR database with all employee data, including starters and leavers, holiday and absence records, benefit information, training records, maternity and paternity records and salary reviews and changes
- Support the HR team in the review and development of HR policies and processes
- Collate new starter offer packs and supporting HR documentation
- Prepare, set up and maintain both paper and electronic personnel files
- Standard hours of work are 35 hours per week, although full or part time hours would be considered, as would flexible working arrangements including home working.
- The appointment is for a fixed term period of 2 years.
Whilst the role will be based in Middlesbrough, the candidate will occasionally be required to travel to other Group locations within the UK from time to time. Therefore a full driving licence would be preferable, but not essential.
- Salary £24,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- PD Ports branded uniform provided if desired
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
Consideration will be given to both graduates who have recently completed their degree and graduates with some work experience.
The successful candidate will have a HR/Business degree or similar, be able to manage their own workload and priorities and work as part of a team. Computer literacy is essential, as is a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 20th August 2021