Closing Date: 15th December 2021
Based Head Office, Middlesbrough
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and one of the largest employers in the Tees Valley. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates Teesport, one of the UK’s most progressive ports, which supports over 22,000 jobs and generates £1.4bn to the economy every year.
Reporting to the Senior HR Officer, a vacancy has arisen for a HR Administrator, based in the Human Resources Department at our Head Office in central Middlesbrough. Working in a busy department the main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the HR Inbox and ensuring queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Drafting offer letters for employees and drafting employment contracts.
- Monitoring and recording employee annual leave and absences.
- Keeping personnel files up to date.
- Filing and compiling confidential letters.
- Processing HR paperwork in a timely manner.
- To assist in compiling up to date staff reporting information.
- To ensure the HR system is updated in a timely manner.
- Administering probationary documentation.
- General HR Administration.
Full or part time hours would be considered, as would flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (or part time equivalent)
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
Ideally candidates will have experience of working within a Human Resource Department and will have attained or be prepared to study for the Certificate in Personnel Practice. With excellent communication and organisational skills, the successful candidate will have the confidence to be able to deal with all levels of staff and to work closely with the wider HR team.
A keen eye for detail and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is essential, as is computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to Kirsty Jackson, Senior HR Officer at:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 15th December 2021