Closing Date: 10th December 2019
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
A vacancy has arisen for two Harbour Police Sergeants based at Tees Dock, Middlesbrough. This is an exciting time to join an expanding department and deliver an increased policing capability to protect Teesport and Hartlepool Dock, and provide a dedicated service to the wider port community.
The Harbour Police Sergeant will report to the Harbour Police Coordinator. They are responsible for the operational deployment, performance, development and standards of Harbour Police constables, ensuring that staff are deployed to support organisational goals, which include, but are not limited to:
- the prevention, investigation and detection of crime
- the timely and appropriate response to incidents
- engaging with customers and stakeholders within the port community
- the safety of all people using the port estate
- problem solving
- the safeguarding of the organisation’s assets and personnel
- the provision of accurate and timely advice and guidance to the company on all police matters
- compliance with national legislation
- the continual personal development of standards, discipline and training in the police code of ethics and company core values
Working in an expanding department the ideal candidate will have the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to the rank of Police Sergeant
- Served as a Police Sergeant for a minimum of 5 years within a Home Office force (within the last 5 years.)
- Be able to pass the Home Office fitness test and complete personal safety training.
The successful candidate will be required to be qualified to the rank of Police Sergeant with a minimum of 5 years within a Home Office force (within the last 5 years. security cleared and will require a full driving licence. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, please send a C.V. together with a covering letter to
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square