Closing Date: 10th September 2021
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Harbour Police Sergeant, based at Teesport House, Tees Dock in Middlesbrough. This is an exciting time to join a unique department, which will support the recently awarded Freeport status, and continue to deliver a dedicated response policing capability throughout Teesport and to the wider port communities of Middlesbrough and Hartlepool.
The Harbour Police Sergeant will report to the Harbour Police Inspector. They are responsible for the operational deployment, performance, development and adherence to professional standards and the code of ethics of themselves and Harbour Police constables, ensuring that staff are deployed to support organisational goals, including :-
- the prevention, investigation and detection of crime
- the timely and appropriate response to incidents
- engaging with customers and stakeholders within the port community
- operational planning and problem solving
- maintaining the very highest standards of policing
You will work 12-hour shifts on a rota system, on a 4 on 4 off basis, providing 7-day, 24-hour coverage averaging 177.5 hours per month.
Working in an expanding department the ideal candidate will have the following essential criteria:
- Served as a substantive Police Sergeant for a minimum of 3 years within a Home Office force (within the last 12 months)
- Be able to pass the Home Office fitness test and complete personal safety training annually.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinker with the proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Proficient in the use of Police IT systems.
- Be relied upon to work with minimum supervision.
- Although not essential, applications are welcomed from applicants with specialist supervisory RPU or Crime backgrounds.Applications will be considered from officers retiring within the next 6 monthsThe successful candidate will be required to be security cleared and have a full driving licence. If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com