Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 25th October 2019
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports operates Teesport and Hartlepool dock, the third largest port in the country, and is the statutory port authority for the river Tees. The Company also operates a number of port facilities on and around the river Humber and provides logistics solutions including warehousing and haulage operations throughout the UK.
We are seeking to recruit Harbour Police Constables to join our team based at Eustace House, Teesport, Middlesbrough.
Using traditional policing methods the Harbour Police provides protection to the Port Authority’s property and personnel. You will work 12-hour shifts on a rota system providing 7-day, 24-hour coverage averaging 177.5 hours per month.
The main duties of the post are:
- To attend crime scene/road traffic accidents occurring on PD Teesport property
- Investigate incidents within the port estate and Company owned buildings
- Apprehend individuals involved in criminal activities, interview witnesses, collate evidence and process suspects
- Complete incident report files and necessary paperwork in line with Police professional standards
- Attend court to present evidence in criminal prosecutions
- Ensure adherence to, and compliance with Authority By-laws and General Directions
- Undertake routine high visibility patrols across all PD Teesport sites
- Carry out patrols on land
- Carry out property/vehicle checks as required in line with statutory and legislative obligations
- Escort vehicles carrying hazardous cargoes to and from the dock estate
- Liaise with external agencies including Cleveland Police, Transec, Tees Pilots and other government agencies
- Carry out duties in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures and national guidelines applicable to warranted Police constables The Candidate
- Interested candidates should forward a copy of their current C.V. and covering letter to:
- The starting salary for the role will be £27,000 per annum.
- The successful candidate will be qualified to College of Policing IL4SC or completed the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme (IPLDP) Level standard and be capable of working on their own initiative in line with standard operating procedures and professional standards.. Problem solving skills, flexibility and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are pre-requisite as is the ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team. Relevant recent experience within either the Special Constabulary or the Police Service is essential; however, local orientation and in-house training will be given. You will be required to demonstrate that you can present written and numerical information to the Company standard using Microsoft software. Successful candidates will be required to be vetted and undertake a Police Standard Fitness Test and a Medical. Candidates must have a full Driving Licence with maximum 3 penalty points.
Mrs Kirsty Smith
Group HR Officer
17-27 Queens Square
Via email: email@example.com