Closing Date: 19th February 2021
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
A further exciting opportunity has arisen for a Police Constable to join the expanding Harbour Police team based at Eustace House, Teesport, Middlesbrough. We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic officers with a range of skills to complement our existing team.
The Harbour Police support the Statutory Harbour Authority by :-
- contributing to a safe and secure working environment
- deterring and detecting criminal activity and bringing offenders to justice
- through the delivery of a positive and effective service.
Additionally they provide support to Cleveland Police and surrounding communities, by attending the full range of policing incidents when required to do so.
You will work 12-hour day and night shifts (4 on 4 off) on a rota system providing 7-day, 24-hour coverage averaging 177.5 hours per month. Opportunities to enhance your existing skills include, undertaking a crime prevention course, qualifying as a drone pilot, as well as sea survival training and river patrol.
The main duties of the post are:
- To attend and investigate crime and traffic incidents occurring on PD Teesport property, and to support Cleveland Police by attending a range of incidents as directed
- Apprehend individuals involved in criminal activities, interview witnesses, collate evidence and process suspects
- Complete incident report files and necessary paperwork in line with Police professional standards
- Attend court to present evidence in criminal prosecutions
- Ensure adherence to, and compliance with Statutory Harbour Authority by-laws and General Directions
- Undertake routine high visibility patrols across all PD Teesport sites
- Carry out property/vehicle checks as required in line with statutory and legislative obligations
- Escort vehicles carrying hazardous cargoes to and from the dock estate
- Liaise with external agencies including Cleveland Police, DfT, Tees Pilots, Border Force and other government agencies.
- Carry out duties in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures and national guidelines applicable to warranted Police Constables
Working in an expanding department the ideal candidate will have the following essential criteria:
- Served as a Police Constable for a minimum of 5 years within a Home Office force (within the last 12 months)
- Be able to pass the Home Office fitness test and complete personal safety training.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and integrity.
Applications will be considered from officers within six months of retirement from a home office force.
The successful candidate will be required to be appropriately vetted and will require a full driving licence. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, please submit your CV/a cover letter to: –
Group HR Department,
17-27 Queens Square,
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 19th February 2021