Closing Date: 21st March 2022
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
We are seeking to recruit a Harbour Police Constable to join our team based at Teesport House, Teesport, Middlesbrough.
Using traditional policing methods the Harbour Police provides protection to the Port Authority’s property and personnel. You will work 12-hour shifts on a rota system providing 7-day, 24-hour coverage averaging 177.5 hours per month.
The main duties of the post are:
- Daily use of police technology and IT systems to identify criminal or suspicious activity on PD Ports land.
- Attend and investigate incidents on PD Ports land.
- Engage in all Harbour Police operations and initiatives.
- Support PD Ports operations where appropriate.
- Support Cleveland Police (where appropriate) with requests for assistance within the Harbour Police jurisdiction area.
- Undertake routine high visibility patrols of all PD Ports estate.
- Support the Statutory Harbour Authorities legal requirements relating to General Directions and By-Laws.
- Provide advice and problem-solving initiatives to PD Ports operations, tenants and stakeholders.
- Ensure PD Ports Health & Safety standards are maintained and challenge unacceptable practice or behaviour.
- Carry out duties in line with the company’s health and safety policy and procedures, promoting and engaging Harbour Police officers and other port estate users with the PD Ports STRETCH principles.
- Assist PD Ports, tenants, stakeholders and partners with ISPS compliance and enforcement.
Working in an expanding department the ideal candidate will have the following essential criteria:
- Must have served at least five years as a Police Constable with a Home Office force or British Transport Police, within the last 12 months of application.
- Must be able to pass police vetting.
- Must be capable of passing the annual Home Office fitness test and Personal Safety Training.
- Must have a proven ability and demonstrate the ability to work effectively unsupervised at times.
- Must have a valid driving licence (any endorsements would be assessed and considered)
- Must be able to pass a Safe Response driving course.
- Must have a high level of both written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and fundamental understanding of the Police Code of Ethics and Professional Behaviour and to abide by those principles.
- Must be capable of passing sea survival skills course to fulfil operational requirements on the river.
For more information and to apply please contact the Group HR Department
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square