Closing Date: 20th August 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Group HR Manager, and working in a busy generalist HR department, the main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the management team in disciplinary and grievance hearings and providing advice on the disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Advising on employee benefits, pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits and undertaking benchmarking activities.
- Supporting the management team with recruitment including preparing advertisements, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing, selecting candidates and arranging any necessary testing.
- Planning and delivering training, including inductions for new staff.
- Providing advice to the HR Assistant regarding welfare related activities.
- Supporting the Group HR Manager on HR projects as required.
- Offering advice on matters relating to employment law and work to ensure that the organisation remains legally compliant.
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures as dictated by employment legislation, internal review dates or by direction from the Group HR Manager
- Standard hours of work are 35 hours per week, although full or part time hours would be considered, as would flexible working arrangements including home working.
Whilst the role will be based in Middlesbrough, the candidate will occasionally be required to travel to other Group locations within the UK from time to time to support departments based at those locations.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- PD Ports branded uniform provided if desired
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
With excellent communication and organisational skills, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months’ experience within a similar role and a full driving licence. The ability to organise their own workload and prioritise tasks and activities in addition to working as part of a team are essential to the role, as is computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 20th August 2021