Type: Maternity Cover
Closing Date: 8th November 2019
12-15 month fixed term contract
Based Head Office, Middlesbrough
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
A vacancy has arisen for a Group HR Officer on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave for a period of 12-15 months. Based at our Head Office in central Middlesbrough, working in a busy generalist HR department, the main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the management team in disciplinary and grievance hearings and providing advice on the disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Advising on employee benefits, pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Supporting management team with recruitment including preparing advertisements, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing, selecting candidates and arranging any necessary testing.
- Planning and delivering training, including inductions for new staff.
- Provide advice to the HR Assistant regarding welfare related activities.
- Support the Group HR Manager on HR projects as required.
- Offer advice on matters relating to employment law and work to ensure that the organisation remains legally compliant.
- Review internal policies and procedures as dictated by employment legislation, internal review dates or by direction by the Group HR Manager
With excellent communication and organisational skills, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 12 months’ experience within a similar role. The ability to organise your own workload and prioritise tasks and activities in addition to working as part of a team are essential to the role, as is computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role please send applications in writing, including a CV and cover letter detailing any relevant experience, to:
HR Admin Team, Group HR Department, PD Ports, 17 – 27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH