Closing Date: 24th March 2023
PD Ports is looking for a skilled and dedicated Financial Accountant to join our welcoming and inclusive team in Middlesbrough. This full-time financial accounting role comes with a competitive salary, many excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career at a thriving company.
As a talented Financial Accountant, you will work within an experienced Group Finance team of six. The team, which is part of the wider finance and procurement team of over 50 people, prepares and analyses the Group’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, as well as fixed assets, lease accounting, tax, treasury, audit and other group projects, including all external stakeholder reporting.
Throughout the year as a Financial Accountant role, you can expect to:
- Manage and develop the Accounts Assistant within the Group Finance team.
- Prepare monthly management accounting consolidation of group companies and initial first-stage analytical review.
- Prepare Capex reporting, including additions, disposals and depreciation for Group entities across the financial cycle.
- Manage year-end routine in relation to Capex and leases, being the main point of contact with the external auditors.
- Support the monthly and quarterly reporting process, both internal to the Exec Board and external to the Shareholder and other key stakeholders.
- Carry out or perform Project Modelling
To apply for this financial accounting job, you will need to be ACA/ACCA qualified with an understanding of current accounting and technical issues, including IFRS. You will also require the following:
- A sound ‘hands-on’ accounting background.
- Investment appraisal experience (preferred).
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including using spreadsheets.
- The ability to liaise confidently with all levels of management outside of finance.
If you’re looking to impact and create change positively, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package for your inclusive and committed approach.
To apply for this full-time Financial Accountant job in Middlesbrough, please get in touch with PD Ports today. Please refer any friends or colleagues for this role or direct them to our Careers page on our website.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,400 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference GFA-223 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 24th March 2023