Closing Date: 29th July 2022
GRADUATE CIVIL ENGINEER
PROJECT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Based in the Project Engineering Department at Vulcan Street, Middlesbrough, an exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Civil Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to work client side and be involved in projects at all stages; from concept and feasibility, through design, procurement and construction, and then operation of the final scheme. You will work in a multidiscipline team which execute a variety of projects including port and marine infrastructure, buildings, highways, drainage and rail.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Supporting the Civil Engineering Manager in delivering larger / complex projects by providing input on civil engineering aspects.
- Project manage own individual smaller / simple projects from inception to completion ensuring compliance with HS&E, quality, cost and timescale targets.
- Produce concept designs and define project requirements.
- Appoint and manage design consultants for both concept and detailed designs.
- Procure and manage site investigations, topographical and ecological surveys.
- Produce cost estimates and outline programme.
- Prepare tender documents including Works Information, Site Information and liaison with legal and insurance department in preparation of contract documents.
- Review and evaluate tender submissions and negotiate with preferred tenderer.
- Manage contractors including technical aspects, budget, programme and quality.
- Process orders and invoices in line with Company procedures.
- Produce, update and administer technical drawings and reports.
- Preparing and issuing permits to work, utilising contractor method statements and risk assessments.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (Subject to shift pattern)
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
- Opportunity to access Training and Development
The ideal candidate will hold, or be expecting to graduate this year with either a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Some experience working for an engineering consultancy or contractor is desirable but not necessary. The candidate will need good project management and communication skills, and be proficient in Autocad and MS Office. The post requires a high level of problem solving ability for technical issues and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The role will require travel to various sites and facilities across the country and the candidate must hold a valid UK driving licence.
On offer is an opportunity to join a global logistics company who are well positioned to further expand their business, so if you feel you have the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team please contact:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 29th July 2022